Title: Graduate and Adult Programs - Admissions Counselor
Position Number: 641150
Position Type: Staff - Unclassified
Posted Date: 08/25/2017
Employment Type: NL
FLSA: Replacement of
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, AFT position, and days of work and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Note: This position is in the "NL" category of employment (non-fixed work week) An AFT- NL professional staff member or librarian who is required to work beyond 35 hours shall be compensated through compensatory time off. Compensatory time shall be earned for hours worked beyond the normal work week, or on an employee's regular day off, if requested and approved by their supervisor.
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey's Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College of New Jersey has an enrollment of 5,000 students and offers bachelor's degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include nursing and social work. In addition, Ramapo College offers courses leading to teacher certification at the elementary and secondary levels. The College also offers eight graduate programs as well as articulated programs with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New York Chiropractic College, New York University College of Dentistry, SUNY State College of Optometry and New York College of Podiatric Medicine. The College is ranked as fifth in the Best Regional Public Universities North category by U.S. News & World Report.
Undergraduate students choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and average class size of 23, affording students the opportunity to develop close ties to the College's exceptional faculty.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Graduate & Adult Admissions, this position is responsible for all Graduate recruitment and outreach, in addition to serving as a liaison to our community business partners and local school districts to establish partnerships for joint programming. The Graduate and Adult Admissions Counselor strategizes marketing and implementation efforts for recruitment events and programming both on and off-campus, and all other duties as assigned.
Under the guidance of the Associate Director, executes and implements of the Graduate Adult and Transfer Student Recruitment plan(s).
Manages recruitment territory including area schools, hospitals, businesses, etc
Work with individual Graduate Program Directors to identify target markets and develop strategies to engage those markets
Works with Veteran students; liaison to the Office of Student Success - Transfer and Veterans Center
Assists with the planning and implementation of on and off campus recruitment events (i.e. open houses, information sessions, webinars)
Conducts extensive follow-up with prospective students as well as students who have applied for admission and students who have been accepted and students who have deposited
Coordinates the completion and review of graduate and adult applications for admission
All other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university is preferred.
• Three or more years of higher education experience required (preferably in a graduate admissions setting).
• Experience working with the design, installation and maintenance of Customer Relationship
• Experience with Communications and Application review system (Technolutions Slate) strongly preferred.
• Experience with all types of communication- print, social media, web, direct mail, etc. - is essential.
• Superlative written and oral communication skills are required.
• Proven experience with recruitment, data analysis and interpretation is essential.
• Demonstrated success in prior roles, a proven commitment to diversity, and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team are also required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• This position requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of Admissions systems and project management techniques.
• Ability to work effectively y in a team environment and with all levels of the organization in a collaborative way is required.
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, a strong customer/student focus, and excellent skills in administration, organization, writing, presentation and training.
• Demonstrated ability to research and generate solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively y manage multitask operations/projects, establish workload priorities, balance diverse tasks, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and deal with confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner.
• A car and valid driver's license are required.
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
Ramapo College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ramapo has a long history of advocating, advising, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. Examples can be found in its mission statement, strategic plans, degree and course offerings, community outreach programs, the Diversity Action Committee offerings, and the other numerous diversity conferences and programs. Ramapo's commitment to diversity and inclusion is infused across all facets of the College; where the environment is welcoming, dedicated to social justice, respectful of freedom of expression, focused on educating and having an ongoing conversation regarding cultural competence and the benefits and importance of diversity.