The University at Buffalo Office of Admissions seeks multiple temporary admission counselors to provide admission counseling and personalized outreach services to all prospective students, their families, and secondary school counselors concerning UB academic programs, and admission policies and procedures.
The temporary admissions counselors will actively represent the university and its programs at in-state and out-of-state recruitment events, including high school and college visits, college fairs, visits to schools and community-based organizations, receptions, interviews, information sessions, and group presentations. S/he will actively manage his/her assigned territories and assist in data analysis to measure effectiveness. The incumbents will build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as: secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations. S/he will participate in all large on-campus and off-campus recruitment and yield events.
The temporary counselor will assist with all phases of application processing, review and admission decision. File review activities will include monitoring files for completeness, ensuring accurate and fair decisions, fielding questions from applicants, and notifying the secondary readers of significant exceptions requiring review.
This position will serve in rotation to provide service to prospective families in the Admissions welcome center.
THIS IS A TEMPORARYPOSITION
● Bachelor's degree required
● Strong team orientation, effective interpersonal skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, attentiveness to detail, ability to multi-task, and technology competence.
● Experience with Windows-based computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications.
● Extensive travel is required for this position; therefore, applicants must have either a valid driver's license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
● Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
● Master’s degree
● Experience working with college-bound students, preferably in an admission and counseling environment.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowl¬edge and un...derstanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.