About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equality, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu.
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
To provide transfer students interested in applying to Mount Saint Mary's University with information about the academic opportunities as well as support in the application process. Direct the recruitment activities within a given geographical area for prospective students and evaluate applicants for admission to MSMU.
- Contact and meet prospective MSMU students by visiting community colleges and attending college fairs throughout California and various other western states to generate applications for admission.
- Inform and update transfer counselors at community colleges about MSMU's academic programs and other academic related opportunities. This effort will be conducted by direct mail, email and in person.
- Plan, organize and implement various programs for prospective students and their parents, transfer counselors and independent educational consultants throughout the year designed to generate interest in MSMU.
- Interact in a professional manner with a variety of professionals inside and outside of the University who have an impact/influence on prospective students.
- Work closely with prospective students and applicants throughout the admissions process via telephone and email contacts, letters and personal meetings.
- Manage a specific recruitment territory. Organize a schedule of community college visits, including travel arrangements and confirmation of visits as well as off campus recruitment events.
- Analyze and evaluate documents submitted with applications for admission (i.e. school transcripts, test scores, references, essays and resumes) for the prospective transfer students.
- Participate in multiple admission office events supporting the recruitment efforts for both first-year and transfer applicants.
- Maintain a visible presence on both MSMU campuses and conduct interviews for prospective students who visit the campuses.
- Working knowledge of the structure of college admissions and of public and private high school counseling; analysis of transcripts and standardized admission tests; and the role of an Associate of Arts degree versus a Bachelor's degree.
- Understanding of financial aid policies and procedures helpful.
Abilities and Skills:
- Able to independently exercise sound judgement, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical though creative solutions.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and follow through to completion.
- Demonstrate professionalism and comfort in speaking to groups and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Work well alone and in a team.
- Exercise excellent organizational ability, prioritization, customer service, oral/written communication, as well as interpersonal, public relations and presentation skills.
- Possess high energy level along with patience and flexibility.
- Willing and able to travel extensively.
- Possess a driver's license.
- Good sense of direction and/or ability to read maps is very helpful.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, preferably from a small liberal arts institution.
- Participation in national and/or regional professional organizations helpful.
One to two years of experience working in a high school or an institution of higher education (e.g. in counseling, admissions or as a teacher/faculty member), public relations, recruiting, sales or other related field.
Licenses and Certifications:
A valid California Class "C" driver's license is required.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history by visiting http://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=81347.