Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| ||Job Summary |
| || |
This position will be based in the region of King County. The Senior Admissions Counselor will serve as part of the recruitment team in the Office of Admissions that is responsible for the planning and implementation of undergraduate, domestic recruitment within assigned geographic territories.
The King County regional position works from a home office, must be able to successfully work independently and as part of a team, manage their assigned territory in addition to the provide oversight and coordination of multicultural recruitment activities targeting minority, first generation, and underrepresented student groups.
| ||Job Duties |
| || |
- Presents Central Washington University philosophy, programs, services, etc. to prospective freshmen, transfer, dual admission, international, non-traditional students and the general public in individual and group meetings.
- Represent CWU at high schools, community colleges, community functions, specific events, etc.
- Provide general preadmissions advising to prospective students concerning general admission procedures, dual admission benefits/processes, academic programs, career opportunities, financial aid, and student services.
- Independently evaluate academic records and personal histories of prospective student, conduct interviews and make decisions regarding academic qualifications for admission to the university and preparation for intended major.
- Develops relationships with CWU departments and external communities/organizations that work with traditionally underserved populations.
- In conjunction with Asst Directors of Admissions recruitment - plan, coordinate, and implement transfer recruiting initiatives for the office of admissions to achieve admissions/enrollment mgt/dual admission goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains relationships with feeder community college faculty, staff and transfer center mgt staff in order for CWU policy and procedures to be more easily implemented.
- Develop and maintain relationships with CWU centers with focus on dual admissions recruiting
- Other Duties as assigned
| ||Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 5 years of professional and progressively responsible work experience related to multicultural and diversity outreach,
- 2-5 years of professional and progressively responsible work experience related to admissions, student affairs in higher education, or student recruitment at a regionally accredited 2 or 4 year not-for-profit college or university.
- Demonstrable experience in professional roles that involve extensive public speaking to diverse audiences and extensive public contact.
- Demonstrable experience in creating and conducting presentations, and excellent verbal, oral and written communications skills
- Must possess and maintain a current valid driver's license.
- Must be able to travel and work irregular hours extensively, including late nights, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, drive and travel in all weather conditions.
- Candidate must have technological experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Prezi.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Previous remote office experience
- Experience and familiarity with utilizing social media applications, databases, and other student recruitment tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a second language (Spanish preferred) and experience working with diverse populations.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| ||Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Dependent upon qualifications and experience
|Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch); May require additional hours depending on schedule requirements |
|Work at home office, driving in vehicle, exposure to inclement weather during travel, and work in School/Event/Conference Environments. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| ||How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 12, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| ||Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Myndee Ronning
Title: Assistant Director of Admissions
Phone: (425) 949-2099
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| ||Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.