The Admissions Operations/Communications Coordinator implements the operational and technological processes for all outgoing undergraduate and graduate communications from the Office of Admissions. The Coordinator also implements the operational and technological processes in support of the overall enrollment plan of the Office of Admissions.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists with the running, printing, validating, and editing of Daily Procedures for Admissions communications flow and file management; serves as a backup to perform Daily Procedures process.
- Processes all online and hard copy applications from various internal and external platforms and all supporting documents for all Undergraduate/Graduate populations including first year, transfer, adult learner, and graduate.
- Answers the main Office of Admissions phone line, monitors voice mail, and responds to or forwards calls, as appropriate with a high standard of customer service.
- Assists with making edits and updates to the Admissions webpages consistent with the USJ Common Voice and submits requests for posting Admissions events on the USJ online calendar.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and day to day supervision of student workers and acts as backup for student worker timesheet processing.
- Responsible for the updating of the tour script/tour route, coordinates tours for admissions events, and collaborates with admissions counselors for tour guide coverage as needed.
- Assists with the processing of paperwork related to the maintenance of the department budget and serves as a liaison between the department the Business and Bursar offices.
- Process electronic payments for application fees and deposits and maintain records.
- Assists with the training of staff, student workers, and graduate assistants in Admissions Operations and Communications work flow and database data entry.
- Oversee processing of bulk indirect and direct inquiries utilizing various importation technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Well-organized, accurate, effective, and creative multi-tasker, time-manager, problem solver, and “people person” who is also customer service-oriented, pays attention to detail, is able to manage complex projects with minimal supervision, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team in a fast-paced, customer service environment with patience; flexibility; a positive attitude; and strong organizational, interpersonal, diplomatic, negotiation, leadership, sales, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to offer operational and technological support to more than one person and to communicate technical issues in everyday language.
- Able to prioritize, balance, and manage a high volume of work and complex projects and initiatives.
- Able to hire, train, supervise, motivate, support, and lead staff and students and to handle personnel matters creatively and diplomatically.
- Proficient computer skills, including working with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and other programs as needed (mail merge, data base management, etc.). Familiarity with specific applications used by the University and the Office of Admissions a plus.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Grade 21; salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.