Central Methodist University seeks an experienced and enthusiastic leader for the position of Vice-President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at our main campus in Fayette, Missouri. Reporting to the President, the VPEM serves as a key member of the President’s Cabinet and will oversee the areas of admissions, financial assistance, and marketing.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about trends and best practices in enrollment management and have demonstrated success in recruiting first-time freshman, transfers, and international students. The VPEM will ensure enrollment goals are achieved through the development of a strategic enrollment plan and policies that are innovative, analytical in design and data-driven while working collaboratively to advance the plan objectives and strategies, cultivating and fostering a strong team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan.
- Collaborate with other university departments and divisions to implement academic and student development goals, initiatives, standards, policies and procedures, and to achieve enrollment goals.
- Develop and monitor department budgets within the division.
- Monitor and ensure that institutional financial aid resources meet the needs of both new and continuing students.
- Ensure that all admissions, financial aid, and marketing operations are conducted in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and procedures.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan that benefits the institution for admissions, advancement, and program promotion.
- Collaborate with athletic departments (NAIA) on financial aid and recruitment efforts.
- Represent the University on enrollment related matters to parents, community members and other constituents.
- Manage the admissions and financial aid offices to optimize student recruitment, as well as meet entering class size, academic quality, and net tuition revenue objectives.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet and work closely with the President, Board of Trustees and Cabinet to provide overall leadership and direction on enrollment matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience in leading a successful enrollment management program. A Master’s or terminal degree is preferred.
- Skilled at hiring, motivating, and developing staff, fostering team work and managing change.
- Experience in strategic branding, marketing and communication techniques.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- High energy with a collaborative style, vision, and creativity.
- Knowledge of and experience with the daily operations of the areas of admissions and financial aid.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of and understanding of current and emerging technology related to recruitment, marketing, and financial aid.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Electronic submission of all application materials is required; materials may be submitted in confidence to Kimberly Thomson, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include a letter of application, cover letter, resume, and a list of five references.
References will not be contacted until the applicant is notified. Expected start date is September 1, 2017.
Nominations and confidential inquiries should be directed to Chad Gaines, Vice-President for Technology and Planning at email@example.com or phone 660-248-6228.