The Assistant Director is a member of the Student Recruitment & Outreach (SRO) leadership team within the Office of Admissions and oversees all aspects of the Campus Experience area including the Welcome Center, Admissions Information Services, Campus Experience, Recruitment Programs, and University Ambassador Program. This position will contribute to the overall recruitment and enrollment efforts of the Office of Admissions by assisting in the development, implementation, and assessment of policies, programs, and financial objectives for the SRO division; ensuring continuity and quality customer service; and overseeing the human resource management within the Campus Experience Team.
The Welcome Center serves as the primary point of contact for the Office of Admissions, serving as first stop for admissions presentations, campus tours, group tours and visits. It is the main point of inquiry for questions regarding campus visits and tours, recruitment events and programs. The Admissions Information Services area handles incoming phone calls and emails related to freshman and transfer admissions, both domestic and international, as well as, other questions related to the University of Utah. This area also assists with outbound calling campaigns for the office and other campus entities. Campus Experience and Recruitment Programs includes campus visits/tours (individual, group, and VIP) and all recruitment and yield programs held on- and off-campus, as well as in- and out-of-state. The University Ambassador Program represents the office and the university through participation in campus tours, recruitment events, and service activities. They also provide support for recruitment efforts and Welcome Center operations.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN13655B, Office of Admissions
COMPENSATION: $44,000 to $47,300/year DOE. Strong benefit package including tuition reduction program, retirement and health plan options.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time days. Exempt position. This position is required to work some evening and weekend program activities.
1. Responsible for the recruitment, training/development, evaluation, and retention of three professional staff members (Campus Visit & Events Manager, Recruitment Programs Manager, and Coordinator for Admissions Information Services) and 60 part-time student staff (University Ambassadors and Admissions Assistants).
2. Direct supervision of the Campus Visit & Events Manager, the Recruitment Programs Manager, the Coordinator for Admissions Information Services, and the University Ambassadors.
3. Utilize best practices to develop and implement Campus Experience area’s strategies and tactics, which are in alignment with other office efforts, to achieve the strategic goals of the Office of Admissions and the university. Effectively assess the impact and success of strategies and tactics through data analysis and survey tools and use data to recommend and implement improvements and changes to existing efforts.
4. Develop and manage area budgets congruent with the Office of Admissions recruitment strategies/goals. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures. Monitors purchases to ensure compliance or all University fiscal policies, oversees billing accuracy and coordinates timely processing of all invoices.
5. Model and utilize best practices of inclusion, equity and diversity exemplified in many ways, including staff hiring and development, setting priorities, and daily/long-term interactions with colleagues at the university and beyond, the Assistant Director should be an exemplar of the University’s values and goals in this key role.
6. Ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction within all assigned areas of responsibility.
7. Facilitate cooperative and collaborative relationships with campus units (i.e. academic departments and colleges and student affairs units) to further support the mission of the Office of Admissions.
8. Ensure appropriate staffing levels at the Welcome Center front desk, the Admissions Information Services area, campus tours, and recruitment/yield events.
9. Participate in office recruitment/yield activities and special events.
10. Provide support for the planning of campus visits and programs.
11. Serve as a backup for campus tours, presentations, and staffing of front desk and phones.
12. Other duties as assigned.