Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice Provost/Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions for Recruitment provides strategic leadership, planning, coordination, and evaluation for all aspects of off-campus recruitment, outreach, and communications to contribute to the enrollment of academically excellent and culturally, ethnically, economically, geographically, and socially diverse undergraduate students.
The Associate Director provides direct supervision and leads a team of 9 professionals responsible for multiple facets of recruitment, including travel, relationship-building with key constituents, alumni relations, and communications. He/she uses benchmarking, data, and research to inform the team's development of overall strategic recruitment, and provides leadership for all admission officers in developing territory-specific and population-specific recruitment strategies.
• Leads, trains and develops the admission recruiting staff to engage in an aggressive admission campaign to meet the enrollment goals of the campus.
• Assists with the negotiation, makes recommendation for purchase of services and have a thorough understanding of the application generation, student search and yield generation programs used by the University.
• Serves on the Admission Leadership Team along with the Assistant Vice Provost/Director of Admission and the Associate Director of Admission for Operations. This position serves as Director in their absence.
• Collaborates with the Director of Admissions to develop and coordinate smart, creative, effective, and efficient travel strategies to stabilize existing markets and grow in new markets. Works with Director in overseeing a comprehensive travel budget.
• Using data and research – institutional, state, national, and international – oversees the development and implementation of short and long-term strategic recruitment plans for undergraduate enrollment, and for specified populations of students, including but not limited to multicultural, international students and pre-professional health majors.
• Works with the Associate Director of Admission for Diversity and other campus professionals to develop and implement strategies to recruit and yield a diverse student population.
• Directs compilation of data and statistics for preparation of reports and projections.
• Supervises the Assistant Director of Admissions for Events to ensure all aspects of the planning process from invitation to execution and effective, efficient, and represent the UOP brand while using industry best practices. Updates and maintains a high level of service to the visit experience for all prospective students, applicants, families and counselors.
• Develops and provides training to educate admission officers in effective territory management and documentation of recruitment activities. To include using EPS market codes and all data bases effectively.
• Works cooperatively with the Office of Orientation and New Student Programs to ensure the campus tour guide program runs successfully.