Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability; and the School of Arts, Science and Business. Chatham seeks to attract academically and culturally diverse faculty and staff, especially those who can contribute to the growing diversity and excellence of the community while building upon Chatham’s commitment to prepare our students for success in a multicultural and global world.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for an Assistant Vice President/Director of Admission for Graduate Enrollment. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Assistant Vice President/Director of Admission (AVP/DA) for Graduate Enrollment will provide leadership and strong strategic direction in managing graduate admission and recruitment. The AVP/DA will work with key University stakeholders to formulate, implement and evaluate enrollment management strategies that reflect the University’s mission, goals and evolving strategic plan. The AVP/DA will serve as a key member of the University’s Enrollment Management team, working closely with the Academic Deans and Graduate Program Directors to develop effective recruitment and enrollment plans.
The AVP/DA will lead well-planned and analytically supported graduate marketing and enrollment strategic initiatives with the goal of building the Chatham University brand in graduate programs while growing enrollments and creating a strong and sustainable enrollment future.
- Provide strategic leadership in advancing the University's graduate recruitment, enrollment and marketing goals.
- Create graduate marketing, recruitment, and yield strategies in collaboration with key University stakeholders to meet specified enrollment goals, and expand diversity.
- Work with academic deans and admission counselors in the analysis of data in achieving enrollment objectives in each School and program.
- Collect appropriate data and provide effective data analysis to formulate decisions supporting strategies to meet enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and faculty to set and drive annual enrollment for each program.
- Collaborate with academic programs directors, international admissions and international education agents to support marketing and enrollment growth.
- Obtain optimum enrollment levels for each graduate program which includes appropriate size, quality and diversity.
- A Master’s degree and at least seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management that includes at least four years of experience in effectively managing and leading direct-report employees. Experience with traditional and on-line graduate programs is essential. Experience working with IT tools to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness and creating operational processes and performing continuous process improvements to ensure smooth operations is essential. Must have prior experience working with CRM tools and Student Information Systems. Experience related to international admission and international recruitment is a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an Assistant Vice President/Director of Admission for Graduate Enrollment is appointed. Applications received by April 1, 2017 will receive priority consideration.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. Applicants should submit a cover letter summarizing interest and relevant background for the position, a current resume and a list of five professional references noting relationship to the candidate, email and phone number. Nominations and expressions of interest will be treated with confidence.
For more information about Chatham University, please visit: https://www.chatham.edu/newsevents/documents/Brochure-Oct-2016.pdf.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer