MILKEN COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
OFFICE OF COLLEGE COUNSELING & ACADEMIC PLANNING
Milken Community Schools, a premier independent college preparatory Jewish day school located in Los Angeles, California, seeks a dynamic and energetic college counselor with strong interpersonal skills to join its Office of College Counseling & Academic Planning as an Associate Director of College Counseling & Academic Planning.
- Participate in the implementation of a comprehensive college counseling and academic planning program encompassing grades nine through twelve
- Teach a college counseling curriculum to juniors and seniors
- Advise students in mapping academic goals, course selection, extracurricular involvement, and summer plans
- Meet regularly with students and families to advise on standardized testing, college research, and college selection
- Plan and conduct informational presentations for parents and students
- Maintain a knowledge base of colleges and universities and current admission practices and trends
- Participate enthusiastically in school events and student life
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Passion for working with students and dedication to matching their talents and aspirations
- Ability to work cooperatively and persuasively with parents
- Eagerness to contribute creative ideas
- Willingness to collaborate with an established and organized team
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Experience in college counseling and/or college admissions
- Proficiency in Naviance/eDocs desirable
Milken currently enrolls just under 600 students across a range of diversity within the Los Angeles Jewish community. Faculty and staff are drawn from various religious and cultural backgrounds. Signature programs include the Mitchell Academy of Science and Technology, the Architecture + Design Institute, and the Tiferet Israel Fellowship. Graduates attend a wide variety of colleges and universities, including campuses of the University of California and highly selective institutions throughout the United States.
Milken is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Bureau of Jewish Education (BJE). Milken is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the Western Association of College Admission Counseling (WACAC) and abides by the policies of the Statement of Principles of Good Practice. Milken is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Association of College Counselors at Independent Schools (ACCIS).
This position offers excellent compensation and benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Ross D. Mankuta
Director of College Counseling & Academic Planning - Milken Community Schools
email@example.com & 310-440-3574