Antioch College seeks an Assistant Director: Admission Transfer Counselor and Alumni Volunteer Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and manage relationships with students, high school counselors, and other organizations in order to enroll students that will be successful at Antioch College.
This position involves domestic travel and territory management to recruit prospective students to Antioch College. The Assistant Director will collaborate in developing a recruiting plan that will include marketing, web-based communication, Antioch alumni, and travel in an assigned territory.
This position will oversee the alumni admission volunteers, and is responsible for the development general oversight of the volunteer program. In addition, the Assistant Director will oversee the transfer admission process, and will be responsible for the recruitment of transfers and development of partnerships with community colleges.
Listed below is the job description for the position. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Office of Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs, OH 45387. Nominations for and expressions of interest in the Assistant Director position will be accepted until an appointment is made. For full consideration, however, candidates are encouraged to submit an application now.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
- Attend college fairs/programs and make individual visits to high schools in the assigned territory during the fall and spring of each year;
- Arrange and conduct interviews with students;
- Develop strong relationships with prospective students and families throughout the admission cycle through personal communication:
- Conduct research to identify appropriate high schools, set enrollment goals and develop a recruitment plan for territory:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds;
- Join and participate in regional admission and school counselor associations;
- Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission/denial recommendations;
- Operate telephone console to receive incoming messages and make follow-up calls;
- Respond to email communications from prospective students and their parents;
- Enter prospective student data into Client Relationship Management System (CRM);
- Maintain active list of alumni admission volunteers;
- Assign alumni volunteers to activities that assist territory managers with recruitment;
- Oversee training of alumni volunteers, maintain training manual and volunteer web site;
- Keep volunteers informed on admission procedures, standards and on-campus activities;
- Develop alumni volunteer recognition program;
- Oversee transfer admission application process, including transfer application review;
- Develop prospective transfer student communications, transfer web pages, and publications;
- Visit community colleges and oversee on campus transfer visit programs;
- Assist in development of transfer partnerships and articulation agreements; and
- Ensure transfer credit evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work evening and weekends as necessary. Weekend and overnight travel is required.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Other duties as assigned.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities, and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.