The Office of Admissions is seeking a two highly motivated, focused, and results-oriented regional Admissions Counselors. We are looking for Admissions Counselors who will represent the University of Minnesota to prospective students, prospective student families, and high school officials in: (1) one position will serve New Jersey, New York, and targeted eastern states of the U.S., and (2) the other position will serve the Denver, Colorado area and targeted nearby states, while providing customer service to prospective students from a variety of geographical and ethnic backgrounds.
**When submitting your application materials, please indicate the position for which you wish to be considered: the New Jersey/New York regional position, the Denver regional position, or both positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as one-stop contact for freshman admissions; provide advising and assistance throughout the admission process to students and family members.
- Build relationships with school counselors and alumni volunteers. Recruit and facilitate enrollment of prospective national undergraduate students.
- Plan, participate, and work with national student recruitment outreach efforts primarily in New Jersey and New York and targeted eastern states of the U.S. or in the Denver, Colorado area and targeted nearby states
- Serve as presenter at high school programs, recruitment events, and counselor meetings.
- Provide admissions counseling to prospective students, parents, and school counselors.
- Perform application review and evaluate academic and other credentials for admission decision and counseling purposes.
- Successfully implement various national admissions and recruitment projects.
- Travel to MN as needed for recruitment and enrollment trainings, meetings, and events.
- Implement extensive recruitment and relationship building efforts utilizing written, telephone, and in-person communication to prospective students, applicants, admitted students, school counselors, and alumni volunteers.
- Train local alumni volunteers to participate in ongoing recruitment efforts in New Jersey, New York, and targeted eastern states of the U.S., or the Denver, Colorado and targeted nearby states
- Collect data, assess progress/results and prepare reports related to recruitment initiatives to determine effectiveness.
- Participate in weekly phone and e-mail conversations with supervisor and participate in office staff meetings.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of undergraduate admissions/recruitment experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license; must be able to travel for extended periods and to work evenings/weekends and some holidays as needed.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and evaluate recruiting plans.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and use data to guide work.
- Preference given to University of Minnesota graduates.