Classification: Full time
Report to: Director of Admissions
Primary Responsibilities: Introduce students and their families to Mars Hill University and assist through the entire enrollment process. Participate in college fairs, traveling 6-8 weeks of the year. Manage roughly 400-600 applicants per year. Maintain consistent communication with prospective students and pertinent departments at MHU. 75% of the job will entail phone calls to applicants. The schedule is Monday through Thursday from noon until 9PM, with a rotation on Fridays. There will also be some Saturday work for individual visits, campus visit days, and orientation days.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of college admissions and financial aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to adapt quickly to other software pertaining to admissions, recruitment and financial aid
- Accountability - dependable and able to show up to work on time, prepared to work
- Understanding of confidentiality that is associated with the position
- Ability to self direct/motivate and work independently to reach individual goals
- Ability to collaborate with the group to reach common goals
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in college admissions or outside sales preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of student enrollment and admissions, as well as a general knowledge of computer-based data management
To apply, submit a letter naming the position, a completed university application,
and your resume to email@example.com
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact: |
Office of Human Resources
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: |
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.