Office of Admission
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The College is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.
The college is pleased to announce an opening for the position of Admission Counselor in the Office of Admission. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment reporting to a senior member of the admission team. Admission Counselors participate in all aspects of the admission process, including: meeting with prospective students; leading public presentations; recruitment travel; reviewing and evaluating applications for admission; serving as a full-voting member of the Admission Committee; and working with current students, staff, faculty, and alumni to organize and facilitate recruitment events both on and off campus.
To fulfill its mission, Williams must continually foster a community in which members from all backgrounds can learn, live, and thrive. The Admission Counselor will have the opportunity to work on initiatives related to the recruitment of first-generation college students, low-income students, American students of color, and international students.
- Bachelor's degree required, and one to three years of experience in higher education, a secondary school or other relevant educational setting is preferred
- Familiarity with the nature and aims of a selective liberal arts college
- Strong organizational skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods
- Enthusiasm for interacting with students and families from a wide range of backgrounds is essential
- Significant travel and some evening and weekend responsibilities are required
- A valid driver's license is also required
- Foreign language skills are highly desirable
The review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Job Group 3-C.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.