The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has an opening for the position of director of National College Fairs, programs and services in the National College Fairs Department. In coordination with the executive director of National College Fairs, programs and services, the director plans, implements and manages the association’s National College Fairs (NCFs), Performing and Visual Arts College Fairs (PVACFs), and STEM College and Career Fair pilots and evaluates the management functions that support these programs. The director collaborates with other departments to ensure that necessary services are provided and regularly institutes forecasting and cost saving methods to optimize the expansion of programs. The director also serves as a major communication link by providing program information to various association committees, affiliate leaders, association partners, and board members. This position is part of the senior management team, working to execute NACAC’s strategic goals.
NACAC is an education association of more than 16,000 postsecondary and secondary schools, organizations, counselors, and college admission and financial aid officers that work with students as they make the transition from high school to postsecondary education. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits & retirement package, and a convenient location between the Courthouse and Clarendon metro stations in Arlington, Virginia.
- Oversees college fairs to ensure that policies and procedures are followed and other related NACAC programs, as necessary, to interact with local committees, exhibitors, members, and others involved in the operation of these programs to ensure that both member and student needs are being served.
- Supervises the activities of all NCF Department staff. Designs and implements training for new staff. Reviews and prepares performance evaluations for department personnel in consultation with the executive director of National College Fairs, programs and services.
- Develops and monitors annual NCF, PVACF, and STEM pilot budget in consultation with the executive director. Works with the NCF management team to track program expenses--both current and prior year--to develop “real time” budget projections.
- Markets the NCF, PVACF, and STEM pilot programs to affiliate leadership and local educators and directs marketing efforts by NCF senior staff and event managers.
- Works with the department executive director to develop and implement new programming activities to enhance the overall quality of college fairs. Recommends program changes to the executive director.
- Collaborates with other directors to insure the goals and objectives of the fairs are being met.
- Prepares and submits reports on NCF, PVACF, and STEM pilot program activities.
- Oversees a bi-annual forum for National Fair chairs to discuss the goals, objectives, and program direction.
- Drafts grant proposals and other funding requests in consultation with the department executive director.
- Identifies and incorporates technology enhancements into the overall college fairs to improve both the delivery of services and internal work processes; investigates and identifies potential partners in face-to-face and written communications.
- Works with external partner organizations to extend and improve the quality and reach of NCF programming.
- Performs other duties as assigned.