Soka University of America is seeking an Admission Counselor to help support the continued enrollment growth of the university’s undergraduate degree program. Under the Associate Director of Admission and in collaboration with a dynamic recruitment team, this individual will assist the Admission area by supporting the implementation of a strategic recruitment plan.
Soka University of America (SUA), a small, selective, accredited private liberal arts university located in Southern California and was founded on the belief that student-centered education is the best way to promote peace and human rights by fostering a global humanistic perspective on the world in which we live. The university prepares students for graduate studies and the world of work in an increasingly diverse and global society. The mission of SUA is to foster a steady stream of global citizens committed to living a contributive life.
The Admission Counselor will represent SUA by making presentations to prospective high school students on a local and national level. The counselor is required to travel within an assigned geographic territory; advise students and parents regarding admission procedures through phone, email, and in person appointments; represent the University at high school fairs, conduct high school visits, build relationships with high school guidance counselors; participate in campus-wide recruitment events; assist in the preparation of recruitment materials and review admission applications. This individual will also be responsible for managing one or more special projects in the office and is required to perform administrative tasks related to job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A background in counseling or advising students is preferred.
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding established goals as a well as interpersonal and community relations skills.
- Willing to work some evening and weekend hours and travel ten to fifteen weeks throughout a calendar year during annual recruitment related travel periods.
- Knowledge of the use of technology in the recruitment process.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, ability to travel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and move independently and creatively while maintaining close communication with management.
- Ability to receive and carry out direction.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other members of Enrollment Services and the campus community when needed.
- Requires demonstrated ability to operate with limited supervision and effectively manage their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and different experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases within PeopleSoft, word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon the completion of a successful background check.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:
Human Resources Re: Admission Counselor Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.