This position is responsible for the recruitment of prospective students from diverse communities and cultures to the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) through territory management and travel, prospective student communication, admissions presentations, and candidate file review. Counselor will also be available to meet with prospective students, families, and guests on campus.
40% RECRUITMENT OUTREACH IN TERRITORY
- Responsible within assigned admissions territory for planning and implementing a recruitment program designed to encourage prospective students to apply and enroll at UMD
- Travel 8-10 weeks in the fall and 3-4 weeks in the spring to represent UMD at regional fairs /events and high school/community college visits
- Work nights and weekends when necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships within high schools and community colleges throughout specified recruitment territory
- Assist UMD offices in special services or programs designed to interact with underrepresented populations and coordinate contact with prospective students to assure a unified and seamless presentation of UMD programs, services and opportunities
- Provide prospective applicants and families with expert counsel on the admission process including academic program information and admission requirements as well as financial aid program and scholarship information
- Monitor admitted student progress through financial aid, scholarship, housing, advisement and registration, and orientation processes.
40% RECRUITMENT ON CAMPUS
- Meet individually with prospective students, families, and guests on campus
- Maintain contact with qualified prospects through telephone, letters, e-mail, electronic media, and personal contact on and off campus
- Participate in large scale calling campaigns to prospective students
- Participate in on-campus visit programming to include Admitted Student Days, Campus Preview Programs, Champ Saturdays and Prospective Student Visit Days
- Conduct Admissions Presentations regularly to on-campus visitors and special group visitors.
10% DATA COLLECTION/EVALUATION & REPORTING
- Collect data, assess progress/results and prepare reports related to recruitment initiatives to determine effectiveness
- Ensure compliance of recruiting initiatives with UMD policies and procedures and with professional affiliations and good practices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the trends, regulations, and other factors that affect admissions and recruitment activities.
5% DAILY OFFICE ASSISTANCE
- As assigned, assist with daily office responsibilities.
5% OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.