The Associate Dean will play a prominent leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and is expected to be able to step in at any point should the Dean need to be out of the office for any duration of time. The individual’s primary responsibility will be coordination and execution of a comprehensive application file review process for each admissions cycle. This will require in-depth knowledge of undergraduate admissions requirements and processes. Moreover, this individual will play a critical role, leading a group of liaisons (one for each college) to ensure Admissions is being proactive and responsive to the needs of our campus community. As a key member of the Admissions leadership team, the Associate Dean will be instrumental in crafting and executing a national recruitment strategy, ensuring all staff operate with a student-centered, personalized, and data-driven approach to meet departmental and institutional goals.
The Associate Dean will oversee transfer and high school recruitment, and will ensure staff consistently make data-driven decisions in support of established goals. Part of this role includes management of the staff calendar, ensuring proper staffing is available to cover all on- and off-campus activities. The Associate Dean may be asked to manage a small recruitment territory, and will often be expected to represent Marquette University at on- and off-campus events. The Associate Dean will also be asked to serve as a direct liaison to one of Marquette’s undergraduate colleges, managing the application and review process for students applying to this college. This individual will be expected to be knowledgeable about all facets of Undergraduate Admissions, and to help develop and execute a sound, data-driven strategy across the department.
1. Manage the complex, year-round file review process and all aspects of Admissions Committee work, including management of the staff master calendar.
2. Departmental leadership, including direct oversight of high school, transfer, and multicultural recruitment and outreach. Development and execution of data-driven enrollment strategy at all levels of the enrollment funnel (from search through deposit and enrollment).
3. Serve as Admissions’ liaison to one of seven undergraduate colleges at Marquette.
4. Review applications for admission and scholarship; offer or decline admission and/or scholarship based on this review
5. Directly manage or fill in as a counselor as needed. Conduct informational/evaluative interviews with prospective students (freshman and transfers) and their families who visit, and represent the university to prospective students at on- and off-campus programs
6. Other duties as needed, including management of personnel, filling in for the Dean when necessary.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/7516