The position of Admissions Counselor is a full- time position of 40 hours per week. The Admissions Counselor participates in all aspects of the recruitment and admission process and reports to the Director of Admissions.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Admissions, this position contributes to the achievement of institutional goals for enrollment of new students.
- Admissions and Recruitment
- Responds to inquiries and leads
- Tracks leads, inquiries and applications using Salesforce CRM
- Conducts one-on-one appointments and tours of the college
- Represents the college at recruitment fairs and school visits
- Conducts open houses and new student orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate professionally with students, families, faculty and staff.
- Availability to work beyond normal office hours as needed during recruitment season
- Experience working with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
Standards of Professionalism
Team and Interpersonal Skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and more senior staff. These persons, therefore, must be approached in a way that makes them feel valued as individuals and team members and takes into account the necessities of work as seen from their perspective.
Service Orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty feel valued and served in their contacts with the school through you.
Confidentiality and Discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of prospective students’ records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.