de Toledo High School is a Jewish co-ed independent college preparatory high school founded in 2002. It is the second largest Jewish community high school in the nation, offering honors and Advanced Placement courses, performing arts, athletics, STEM, robotics, a speech and debate team, senior internships, extracurricular activities, a 4-year college counseling program, global education opportunities, and robust student life and Jewish life programming. Our team includes 72 teaching faculty, plus coaches and more than 50 professionals from various fields who speak to and interact with our students through our science and entrepreneurial academies. Our student body consists of 406 students coming from about 50 zip codes throughout the region. Average class size is 15 students.
The school’s mission is to raise a new generation of Jewish leaders for whom Jewish values and tradition shape and guide their vision and for whom knowledge creates possibilities for moral action, good character and shalom.
This position reports to the Director of College Counseling. For more information about the school, visit www.dTHS.org.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Meeting with families, primarily juniors and seniors and their parents to individually guide them through the transition from high school to college and assisting them to find the right “fit”.
- Educating families about colleges, the college admission process, trends, procedures and testing.
- Writing a letter of recommendation for each senior and submitting all necessary documents to colleges.
- Providing academic planning and advisement throughout students’ high school program.
- Assisting students with writing essays, completing applications, and preparing for interviews.
- Participating in group presentations to parents, students, faculty, and administration.
- Assisting with the PSAT, SAT, ACT and AP examination administrations.
- Meeting with college admission representatives during their visit to our campus and facilitating meetings between college representatives and our students. Serving as a liaison with college admission offices throughout the year.
- Keeping up to date on colleges, their admission processes, admissions trends, and visiting college campuses.
- Tracking admissions data, maintaining records on students and other related statistics for internal purposes.
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Qualified applicants of all faiths and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current resume to, Kaleah Jones at email@example.com. de Toledo High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.