The International Admission Counselor serves as a representative of the University to assist prospective students through the inquiry and application process and is responsible for being a productive member of the Admission team for an assigned region. The Counselor will work with the Associate Director of International Admission to ensure that all prospective students from the region are counseled appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to advise the high achieving students of the possibilities presented by the University. The International Admission Counselor will work with applicants to the University’s programs to ensure good customer service and that the prospective student is appropriately advised at all stages of the application process.
- Advise prospective students throughout the region on the University’s programs, curriculum, calendars, performance outcomes and financial considerations.
- Serve as primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students and applicants, providing consistent, accurate and timely information about the University
- Work with the Associate Director of International Admission to ensure that inquiries and applicant concerns are serviced in a timely and appropriate way throughout the admission cycle to matriculation
- Meets or exceeds performance activity standards. Performance activity standards include quotas for daily telephone/emails lead base follow up calls, conversion rate to admission and other sale related performance metrics.
- Maintain a close working relationship with relevant SGU overseas representatives and agents, when applicable, to ensure that the prospective student experience is seamless, efficient, pleasant and informative.
- Capability to achieve goals and objectives as assigned by the Director and Associate Director.
- Ability to work with prospective students from various parts of the world: multicultural a plus.
- Exceptional time management skills with results driven practices and the ability to track progress of processes.
- Be fully conversant with all University scholarships and financial aid programs in order to counsel prospective students and parents throughout the process.
- Understand admission requirements from international countries
- Adhere to all recruitment and Admission processes and procedures to ensure effective contact management, including phone/email follow up throughout inquiry to matriculation cycle and work with management to ensure good customer service for the region.
- Follow all processes and procedures for event management to ensure that all events, participants and attendees within region are properly tracked
- Ensure the timely processing of all applications and that timely communications are being sent to the applicants.
- Enter and review all applications, along with all documents within the specified time frame.
- Scan and index all incoming documents.
- Work with management to ensure the integrity and appropriate tracking of the admission files, supporting documents, requirements, interactions and statuses of the applicants.
- Communicate on a regular basis with applicants in order to move applications along in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate student enrollment, housing, and registration processes.
- Communicate with accepted students on deposits, housing, flight information, etc., identifying all candidates who seem concerned about eventual enrollment at SGU
- Open, review, and triage all incoming Admission inquiries – calls, mail, email, Live Chat, etc. and service all in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Facilitate reservations for Information Sessions, Webinars, Welcome Sessions, and other University Events.
- Help facilitate SeeSGU and other on-campus visits, working with the Admission Communications group.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned