Associate Director for the Office of Admissions
Trinity College in Hartford Connecticut, one of America's premiere liberal arts colleges, seeks a dynamic, creative, and innovative admissions professional to serve as Associate Director for the Office of Admissions. This is an exciting time to join Trinity College. As the institution develops a strategic plan and prepares for its upcoming bicentennial celebration, the incumbent will have an opportunity to impact diversity initiatives at the College, while bringing forth the vision of a truly urban and global 21st century liberal arts college.
The Office of Admissions aims to cultivate, recruit, evaluate, and yield an academically strong, talented, and diverse student body. The Associate Director plays a pivotal role in this process by recruiting nationally and internationally, counseling students and families about the college admissions process, interviewing candidates, evaluating applications, advocating for students in admissions committee, and managing campus programs. The Associate Director will join a team that is deeply involved in strategic conversations about the future of enrollment at the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project leader and manage teams of admissions professionals, operations staff, and student workers.
- Collaborate with admissions colleagues to create and co-facilitate staff training sessions.
- Arrange and conduct individual interviews with students as well as organize regional group information sessions for students and families.
- Implement and manage Slate tools as a critical member of the Operations Team.
- Cultivate strong professional relationships with secondary school counselors, community- based organizations, and other educational constituencies.
- Advocate and provide valuable contextual information as the territory manager for assigned regions.
- Additional duties may be assigned to accommodate the Associate Director's professional interests and/or fluctuating needs of the Office of Admissions.
Our office seeks a highly collaborative, easygoing individual with a great sense of humor. Strong public speaking skills are required and the ability to work independently is key. Candidates with five or more years of admissions experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Extensive travel (including weekend and evening hours) will be required during certain periods in the academic year. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a college-issued credit card. The Associate Director must have a passion for working with young people and serving as an advocate for students.
This is a level 25, full-time (40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends as needed), full-year, exempt position. The application review process will begin mid-April 2017, and the search will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please go to: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.