The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) has an opening for the position of data management specialist in the Information Systems Department. This customer service team member carries out the department’s responsibility of maintaining electronic membership databases and files including ensuring accurate data entry of registrations, payment processing and documentation of changes regarding all association events, exhibits, membership profiles, and donor funds. We are seeking a team member who handles telephone and written communications professionally while maintaining a high level of customer service.
NACAC is an education association of more than 16,000 postsecondary and secondary schools, organizations, counselors, and college admission and financial aid officers that work with students as they make the transition from high school to postsecondary education. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits & retirement package, and a convenient location one block from the Clarendon metro in Arlington, Virginia.
- Maintain and update data. Ensure accurate data entry regarding the association’s electronic databases and files for all events, exhibits, product sales, member and non-member profiles and donations.
- Perform all event registration processes including producing edit reports, proofing entry for accuracy, processing cash receipts and credit card payments, and generating reports for reconciliation.
- Process all invoices and payments for all events, exhibits, membership dues, product sales, and donations.
- Maintain security and integrity of credit card information used for payment processing.
- Perform and document membership profile updates in database.
- Produce and mail membership renewal notices, product sales invoices, and meeting/exhibit confirmation letters and invoices.
- Respond to all written and phone inquiries involving registrations, payments, changes to member profiles and other concerns in a timely manner while providing a high level of customer service.
- Recommend procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of registration, product sales and dues process. Assist in the production and maintenance of procedural manuals for the registration, product sales and dues collection, and other processes as well as office procedures and schedules relating to the position.
- Prepare check requests as needed.
- Assist with mailings as required.
- Travel may be required to assist with on-site registration at association events.
- Provide lunch time and back-up staffing for the front desk per scheduled rotation or as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by department management.