- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of related experience and progressive leadership responsibilities in enrollment management/services.
- Experience with or knowledge of student recruitment, enrollment records, and/or financial aid strategies.
- Ability to support staff and faculty to promote cultural change and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Budgetary and fiscal management experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of implementation of operational metrics.
- Significant experience supervising and collaborating with professional staff.
- Ability to address conflicting demands, to prioritize, and to make data-based decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegiality, and the ability to handle confidential information with exceptional judgment and discretion.
- Ability to be forward thinking, anticipating and effectively responding to all matters influencing enrollment.
- Ability to motivate staff and foster collaboration across diverse groups of constituents.
- Ability to provide a foundation for successful, high-integrity relationships.
- Experience in national funding sources in support of student scholarships.
- Experience in building relationships with K-12 and community colleges.
- Experience in registration, undergraduate pedagogy, curricular mapping.
About the University of Wyoming
Nestled amid the beauty of two mountain ranges in southeastern Wyoming, you will find the nationally recognized major teaching and research institution, University of Wyoming (UW). Established as a land-grant institution in 1886 when Wyoming was still a territory, UW has since grown to offer 200 areas of study, drawing 13,500 students from all 50 states and 90 countries. It is known for its accomplished faculty and world-class facilities, its small student/faculty ratio and quality undergraduate and graduate programs within its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Agriculture & Natural Resources, Business, Education, Engineering & Applied Science, Health Sciences, Law and the School of Energy Resources.
Throughout its existence, UW has been the only four year university in the state of Wyoming, though it maintains close relationships with the state's seven community colleges. UW’s global impact begins with innovative undergraduate and graduate research opportunities and extends through state and federal partnerships and recent initiatives such as the School of Energy Resources and the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputing Center. UW has played important roles in the lives of students, Wyoming residents and communities for 131 years. You can see why UW is setting the gold standard!
- UW was ranked among the nation's top colleges and universities byUS News & World Report, Forbes, and Princeton Review in 2010.
- UW has the largest single scholarship endowment for study abroad support in the U.S.
- UW's Honors Program has been named as one of the best among public universities.
- Outside Magazinehas recognized UW as one of the top "adventure colleges."
To learn more: http://www.uwyo.edu
Location: Located in Laramie, Wyoming, a town of more than 30,800 with a unique blend of sophistication and western hospitality, UW not only provides an environment for success but also offers varied academic and lifestyle opportunities including year-round cultural and recreational activities.
Why consider the opportunity?
- Resources. UW is a well-resourced institution with state of the art facilities and a beautiful, well-maintained campus.
- Influence. This role has a high degree of autonomy and impact.
- Environment. Warm, collegial, supportive people and work environment.
- Leadership. Dr. Laurie Nichols joined UW as President in May 2016. The university community is very excited about her vision for the institution. Dr. Kate Miller joined Dr. Nichols’ team as Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs in August 2016, and has brought an entrepreneurial approach to student success to the institution.
- Location. Laramie is a great place to live and work. Laramie boasts a low cost of living, low property taxes and no personal state income tax. The area offers incredible outdoor recreational opportunities, an eclectic downtown area and a great public school system.
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary and solid benefits package including a retirement benefit that features a state contribution of 14.565% of an employee’s gross salary.
Procedure for Candidacy:
The University of Wyoming, in consultation with Summit Search Solutions, will review application materials as they are received. While applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled, interested parties are encouraged to apply by May 31, 2017.
To apply online, go to http://highereddecisions.com/sss and select this vacancy. Please submit a PDF version of your curriculum vitae and letter of interest upon application. All applications and nominations will be held in confidence.
For nominations or further information:
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see: http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness