Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Associate Director of Admissions will collaborate with admissions leadership to design and implement an effective outreach and recruitment strategy for prospective undergraduate and graduate students.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Collaborates with the Director of Admissions on the implementation and assessment of the strategic recruitment and admission plans to recruit and enroll a talented, diverse student body.
- Supervises and trains Assistant Directors and Admissions Counselors and provides staff with the support needed to meet goals.
- Serve as the lead administrator for the Office of Admissions in the absence of the Director.
- Supports the Director of Admissions in achieving undergraduate, graduate, and international student enrollment goals.
- Oversees the planning and execution of recruitment events and programs.
- Serves as a liaison between the Office of Admissions and other University offices and departments.
- Works collaboratively and strategically with other units within Enrollment Management Division.
- Partners with the Associate Director of Admissions Operations/Communications on marketing and communication efforts.
- Manages a recruitment territory, which may include, but is not limited to, international recruitment.
- Serves on University committees as assigned.
- Attends all admissions-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience of experience in higher education in the areas of enrollment management, recruitment, admission, or marketing required.
- Database management and technology experience in higher education and familiarity with best practices required. Experience with Slate preferred.
- Strong supervisory, project management and organizational skills required.
- Experience managing and supervising staff required.
- Knowledge of enrollment management and admission trends.
- Familiarity admission funnel management, including effective yield strategies, expected.
- Possess excellent writing and communications skills and an ability to work collaboratively while supporting multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to report, interpret and analyze data and reports to support the assessment of admission funnel strategies.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to handle projects from start to finish and strong leadership skills to support the unit’s interests and goals as assigned.
- Possess general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet, and other programs as needed (e.g., mail merge, data base management).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents.
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Grade 24; salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and professional references to email@example.com.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.