Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Senior Program Manager for Outreach and Partnerships is responsible for overseeing all aspects of recruiting candidates for the Young Scholars Program, College Scholarship, and Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship and managing partner relations with organizations and individuals for the purposes of scholarship and general foundation outreach. In addition, the Senior Program Manager oversees the selection process for the scholarship programs. Specific responsibilities include: creating and maintaining outreach relationships with partner organizations and schools, supervising recruiting technology initiatives, coordinating outward facing technologies with internal data bases, developing and executing a strategic plan for outreach, implementing alumni outreach efforts, developing program materials and budgets, managing and evaluating outreach grant-funded positions and projects, identifying additional pipeline resources, periodically reviewing outreach processes and recommending revisions, overseeing work of outside vendors and preparing program reports.
- In collaboration with senior staff, develops strategic outreach plans for each of the scholarship programs. Develops innovative approaches to outreach to potential scholarship applicants and nominees, establishing strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations, including public and private middle schools, community colleges, four-year institutions of higher education, community and professional organizations, grantees, and other institutions.
- Works with the Selection Associate to manage and oversee the selection processes for new Cooke Scholars each year.
- Participates in technology-oriented recruiting initiatives, helps build and implement outreach/application and communications databases and works with communications and IT to ensure its effective use.
- Manages contracts of regional talent centers and other outreach grantees and service providers Provides training to talent center representatives and guide their scopes of work for executing outreach strategies; monitors their work to ensure that they spend time and resources wisely; and assists in evaluating effectiveness of their efforts. Regularly visits regional talent centers, explores new alternative recruiting techniques with them. Identifies additional pipeline relationships.
- Represents the Foundation before external audiences, including speaking at and attending conferences, visiting individual schools, presenting guest lectures to teacher training institutions, and coordinating external relations with accrediting bodies.
- Prepares and hosts series of webinars and other online outreach for prospective applicants and those with access to prospective applicants.
- Liaises between IT, programs and communications staff to ensure that program information on the public website is consistent with external marketing material, selection criteria, and the like.
- Works with Director of Research and other program staff, as needed, to identify data collection points on application materials to help determine success of outreach efforts.
- Prepares and oversees budgets for outreach.
- Works with communications team to develop programming and appear on-camera for selected media productions.
- Responsible for the work of the Communications Associate and Outreach and Partnerships Associate with regard to outreach activities and content creation. Responsible for the work of the Selection Associate with regard to scholarship selection.
- Prepares reports for internal and external use, on a regular basis and as needed by management, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Actively participates in Foundation meetings and works collaboratively with others to complete projects and goals.
- Other tasks as assigned.