The Associate Director is part of the international team in Undergraduate Admission with primary responsibility for the Asian Region and will articulate the benefits one would receive by attending Bentley. In this capacity, the Associate Director must possess expertise and understanding of this region as well as the ability to identify potential opportunities and challenges in order to advance the University. This includes identifying key relationships with schools, guidance/college counselors and prospective students. The goal is to determine allocation of time and resources in order to promote the university, leading to improvements in all stages of the enrollment funnel. Functions include the execution of various tasks and assignments and assisting in the achievement of admission goals through the initiation and implementation of projects.
Act as the regional manager for the Asian Region; which includes having expertise and full working knowledge of what’s going on in the region. This regional manager is also responsible for working with colleagues who travel to and read applications from other areas of the world as well as providing management and colleagues with regular updates on notable trends as well as specific challenges, opportunities and recommendations for future actions. International travel of approximately 8 to 10 weeks is required and includes developing a travel itinerary for independent travel. Group travel is minimal.
In the absence of the Director of International and Transfer Admission, this person must act as a back-up. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in entire file review process, from reviewing applications, to rendering final decisions and making recommendations for scholarship selection.
• Train and cross train staff on international admissions credentials including various educational systems: IB, British, and French Baccalaureate, just to mention a few as well as English proficiency exams: TOEFL and IELTS.
• Participate in the development and execution of the international recruit and yield strategy by researching trends and exploring new opportunities that can positively impact recruit and yield activities for each incoming class.
• Travel and market Bentley University at high schools, college fairs and other educational forums providing public presentations to individuals and groups.
• Present the Bentley message, including the admission process, at on-campus information sessions. Interview prospective students on- and off-campus; follow up with written, telephone and email contact with students, parents and counselors.
• Participate in admission recruit and yield events both on- and off-campus. Provide customer service in the pre- and post-admission process to students, parents and counselors. Serve as Officer-of-the-Day to assist in smooth daily office operation.