About College Track
College Track is a college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. We serve over 2,400 high school and college students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, New Orleans, Colorado, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. Ninety-four percent of our high school seniors have been accepted to four-year colleges and our college students are graduating at a rate that is 2.5 times the national average for low-income students.
From the summer before ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The mission of the College Completion Director role is to lead College Track students to graduate with a bachelor’s degree within six years. S/he will lead a team of part time and full time employees to ensure 98% of students matriculate to college, 90% of college freshman successfully persist and 70% of college students graduate within six years. By 2020, we will double the number of students we serve and produce nearly 1,000 college graduates.
Additionally, the College Completion team ensures that students:
- Are exposed to diverse college choices
- Develop their “scholar profile” to make themselves great candidates
- Apply to targeted colleges and scholarships
- Complete FAFSA accurately and on time
- Are advised and coached in a way that builds their self-reliance and self management
through college completion
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Team Leadership: Hire, manage and lead a team of part and full time staff to achieve high quality results aligned to the college completion site goals.
- Program Development: Create and implement a successful college advising program for students and their families that allows them to gain matriculation into best fit colleges.
- Individualized Student Support: Work directly with 12th grade students and their families as they apply to colleges and scholarships, and as they transition to college life.
- College Persistence: Implement best practices to support first-generation college students and students from low-income families in navigating the college environment to maximize their opportunities for success.
- Partnership Development: Build and maintain relationships with support organizations and Universities to ensure ongoing student success.
- Data Tracking & Analysis: Utilize a data-driven approach to college matriculation and persistence through the accurate collection and analysis of data related to the college application and financial aid process.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter to the company website
We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.