Reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions, the Associate Director leads, plans, and implements admissions procedures, operations, correspondence and contact with prospective students, applicants, and matriculating students. Among the primary duties is outreach and engagement with potential students, manages a large recruitment territory and plans targeted locations and contacts, creates presentations, evaluates candidates for admission and independently makes decisions on recommendations for admission. Must be knowledgeable about financial aid to evaluate and counsel in personal interviews.
The Associate Director will have oversight of daily recruitment activities. Monitor and direct admission counseling staff, all student recruitment assistants, front desk staff and others related to daily office recruitment activities. She/he will serve as the first person of resource for admission counseling staff and will consult with the Executive Director as appropriate.
Essential Management Functions
Responsible for primary management of assigned programs that may vary based on past admissions experiences and will be selected from the following list.
- Direct and manage all elements of the domestic transfer admissions program to include all processes related to recruitment, application and communication.
- Liaison with the athletic department to include coaches training, transcript review, coordination of communication through the admissions and aid processes.
- Coordinate high school enrichment program (HSEP) for Canton HS’s.
- Participate in the management of the admissions communication plan to include both print and digital communications.
- Direct the Augsbury /North Country Scholarship program including promotion, communication and management of selection process.
- Manage primary, secondary and tertiary markets to build relationships with high schools to increase the visibility of St. Lawrence to increase inquires, applications to meet institutional enrollment goals.
- Conduct student interviews and write-ups and follow-up communication.
- Execute recruitment travel plan.
- Read and analyze applications and essays to make recommendations on the admissibility of a student’s application for admission.
- Represent the department and University at special events, college fairs and programs both on and off campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.