Date of Posting: 5/8/2017
Closing Date: 5/22/2017
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
The Admissions Advisor assists with the development, implementation and coordination of Aims’ recruitment and promotional activities and represents Aims in high schools and throughout the community:
-Will create, coordinate, implement, and analyze recruiting events, activities, and tours to include counselor events, high school visits, classroom presentations, community events, college and career/job fairs, and on-campus tours.
-Ensure all events have coverage, are in calendars, fees are paid, and recruiter has travel information, and all arrangements have been made.
-Lead and support the department’s use of the CRM (Ellucian Recruit) software.
-Test the system, work on upgrades, learn new features, assist with department training, and further implementation of the software.
-Assist with the creation of communications plans. Implement, and maintain communications plans for all audiences.
-Work with the Marketing and Public Relations department to create collateral materials like recruiting brochures, postcards, posters, banners, and more.
Work involves a team relationship with the Director of Admissions Advising and Recruitment and additional full/part-time, work study and temporary team members. This position works with prospective students regarding academic interests, course offerings, admission requirements, enrollment steps, and financial aid matters pertaining to Aims. Internally, this position works with faculty and staff to recruit students and identify community needs. Additionally, this position utilizes an integrated database system in recruitment activities, maintains records and files, and represents Admissions Advising and Recruitment at internal and external meetings as needed and all other duties as assigned.
The Admissions Advisor acts as liaison between many groups and needs to be able to navigate communication logistics/barriers and successfully guide prospective students.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with people of all ages; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to fluctuating situations on the fly – with a positive attitude – and be ready for the next event or activity to present Aims in the best light. This candidate must be comfortable and good at managing several projects and activities at a high standard on a regular basis. Also, be willing to work a schedule that is irregular and includes nights, early mornings, and weekends.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
MUST have a BA and 1 year in recruiting/admission, marketing, customer service/sales, education, counseling or related field.
Experience in working with ethnically diverse populations.
Experience in making oral presentations. Demonstrated computer skills to include database management, word processing, and e-mail.
Valid Colorado driver’s license and insurability.
Ability to lift at least 40 pounds and sit/stand for extended periods of time. Ability to work evening and weekends as required.
Bi-lingual in English & Spanish. Student services experience at a community college. Ellucian Banner and Recruiter CRM experience.
Master’s degree in related field
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.