Assistant Director, Transfer Services
The University of Akron
The University of Akron's Office of Admissions has an opening for an Assistant Director, Transfer Services.
- Assist the Director with Student Transfer Services Center including outreach/recruitment activities
- Oversee the coordination of credit evaluation and academic advising for prospective transfer students
- Maintain databases and websites holding information related to the university's transfer records
- Provide reports to the director and other officials
- Coordinate and participate in the advisement of transfer students regarding credits, academic programs and referrals
- Develop general education and academic program guides for transfer students.
- Initiate programs and develop services connected to the successful transition of transfer students
- Provide leadership for the evaluation of transfer, ACE and military credits
- Serve as moderator for Tau Sigma National Honors Society for transfer students
- Relevant Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one (1) year experience in academic advising and admissions/outreach
- Prior experience with credit evaluation and transfer
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database software packages
- Functional guidance over nonexempt staff including general scheduling, assigning tasks and monitoring work activities
- Light physical effort required involving stooping and bending; individual has limited discretion about walking, standing, etc; occasionally lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 lbs)
For complete details and to apply visit:
Job ID # 10123
The University of Akron is an equal education and employment institution. It is the policy of this institution that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any individual in employment or in its programs or activities at The University of Akron because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or status as a veteran. The University is also committed to the principles of affirmative action and acts in accordance with state and federal laws.