The Associate Dean of Admissions serves as the senior admissions officer for the School of Professional Studies. The Associate Dean of Admissions is responsible for developing a top-class admissions program built upon mixed-method analysis, strategic decision-making, and global diversity. The Dean of Admissions works in concert with the Senior Leadership Team and Academic Directors to establish a vision for admissions and strategic enrollment planning.
The AD provides strategic and consultative leadership for strategic enrollment management, with an emphasis on admitting a high-quality and diverse portfolio of students. The AD will implement a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan, oversee admission initiatives for all classifications of students, and set a winning strategy for developing robust recruitment campaigns for new and existing programs.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inform a data-driven marketing, communications, and recruitment strategy through traditional and non-traditional means to ensure a globally diverse, intellectually challenging, and high-quality applicant pool.
- Design and implement predictive modeling tools to strategically forecast admissions trends and yield; develop and provide timely and comprehensive analytical reports to the School for planning and assessment.
- Lead recruitment and cultivation, admissions, and matriculation efforts for the School of Professional Studies with expert use of analytical tools and marketing strategies.
- Provide vision and direction to academic and administrative departments to develop, implement, revise, and assess quality admissions-related programs and services to achieve the enrollment and student success goals of the School.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor enrollment, policy, and process changes, and provide regular communication to the senior leadership. Foster adherence to policy and process mandates, and maintain a positive line of communication with School and University counterparts.
- Engage with academic leaders to set and achieve measurable goals and strategies through collaborative collection, forecasting, evaluation, and communication of data and analysis to develop and support the strategic plan and academic mission of the School.
- Establish and employ a multi-pronged assessment strategy to influence and attain student admissions outcomes.
- Lead in the development of a flexible, multi-year enrollment strategy which projects and monitors enrollment and accommodates changes or other variables over time.
- Oversee coordination of enrollment services and initiatives with the individual enrollment goals/plans for the academic colleges and departments.
- Work closely with senior leaders in enrollment management and other key stakeholders to review and analyze data on yield, conversions, and success to obtain alignment with strategic priorities.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvement and review with the Senior Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Manage the integration and cohesiveness of services provided through the Admissions Office while offering suggestions for quality enhancement and growth.
- Embrace a culture of evidence rooted in data to develop and exceed projections while leveraging what is known about student segments, and academic program profiles.
- Safeguard the values and goals of SPS while supporting a growing diverse student body.
- Lead the cross-divisional admissions and enrollment working groups as needed.
Data and Analysis
- Analyze data related to strategic directions; proactively assess the effectiveness of division activities in response to the School's mission and objectives; and provide leadership on policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to enrollment management best practices.
- Serve as the primary analytical resource for units throughout the School by interpreting routine, descriptive statistics comparing and contrasting enrollment trends over time, and discussing predictive models for traditional, non-traditional, and diverse populations.
- Interpret and apply institutional and external data to generate predictive models for recruiting, retention and persistence throughout a student's matriculation.
- Review buying agreements, and advertising metrics to ensure outcomes are in line with quality and robust lead and enrollment outcomes.
- Ensure marketing and communications functions work collaboratively with program leadership to research, design, develop, execute, and monitor strategies and tactics to realize programmatic prospect and applicant objectives for effective student recruitment.
- Develop and drive clear messaging platforms for the purposes of admissions and enrollment. Segment actions to support maximum and targeted yield.
- Review the strategic plans to ensure efficacy, desirability, and organizational alignment with overall branding and messaging.
- Oversee the outputs of the marketing strategy process and work to ensure collaboration with all areas of the organization.
- Advise on necessary changes to marketing strategy to ensure alignment with organizational strategy.
- Oversee the digital strategy and execution across all social media platforms.
- Ensure that all social media needs of the organization are being serviced within the digital engagement team.
- Attend Business Development events at trade associations and institutions.
- Represent the school at higher education focused marketing conventions.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
-Master's degree required.
-Minimum of ten years of experience in higher education or related field, with progressively higher management responsibility including oversight responsibility for a professional staff designing and implementing effective client-centered, data-driven strategic operational strategies and tactics oriented toward enrollment and financial growth.
About Columbia University
Columbia University School of Professional Studies