An engaging, outgoing, independent and tenacious Associate Regional Director of Admissions is sought to join the College’s team counselors recruiting the greater Chicago-area. Living in the area, this person will join a second regionally-based counselor, plus a third campus-based counselor tasked with managing, strengthening, and diversifying the already well-developed market Monmouth College possess in Chicago and neighboring cities and counties. Joining the Office of Admission at this time provides the successful candidate an opportunity for a rich and successful career path; one that is full of opportunity, promise and fun.
This position will be responsible for the full scope of work associated with traditional high school student recruitment, including but not limited to the following: managing all aspects of a regional recruitment territory, extensive travel to off-campus activities, judicious management and analysis of data and reports on prospects, warm and personal relationship building within a territory (students, families, school counselors, etc.) proactive communication with prospective students across all mediums (in-person, phone, mail, email, social media, etc.), timely response to prospective students and their families. Other responsibilities include interviewing and touring prospective students and families during campus visits and on-campus events, and assisting with other areas of college recruitment as needed.
We will hire an enthusiastic, self-motivated, experience-oriented individual with strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking) and a dynamic personality. A bachelor’s degree, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are also required. Experience working or learning at a liberal arts college and prior experience in higher education recruitment or sales is strongly desired but not required. Competitive salary and generous benefit package provided. Associate Regional Director title may be flexible depending on level of experience.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position in filled. Send letter of application, resume and references to Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462. E-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and initiate and implement projects independently. • Knowledge of Monmouth College and all its programs and services. • Excellent communication skills, including via email
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity. • Knowledge or willingness and ability to learn TargetX (Salesforce) CRM to enhance recruitment tasks.
• Skill in effective communication and public presentations.
• Experience with and sensitivity to diverse populations.
• Knowledge of the sales strategies and the skills regarding the recruitment process.
• Ability and willingness to keep sales process through phoning and other types of communication.
• Knowledge of admissions processes and requirements; as well as NACAC’s Statement of Principles of Good Practice (SPGP).
• Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours, including frequent nights and weekends.
• Required to maintain a valid driver license and satisfactory driving record.
About Monmouth College
Monmouth College is a private, selective, residential, national liberal arts college, located in Monmouth, Illinois. Monmouth offers majors in the natural sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, as well as outstanding academic advising, small, seminar-style classes, varied internship and study abroad opportunities, and summer research experiences to thoughtful, intellectually engaged and ambitious students.
BACK TO TOP
NACAC CareerCenter is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACAC Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACAC CareerCenter.