The Freshman Admissions Counselor/Recruiter's primary purpose of this position is to recruit students, assist with reviewing and processing admissions applications, provide campus tours/student interviews and participate in special events for student recruitment.
- Visit high schools, colleges, businesses, community events and churches to promote USC Upstate and to recruit students.
- Review admissions files and counsel students.
- Interview and provide tours for prospective students and their families.
- Provide admissions counseling via phone and email communication.
- Enter data in the student recruitment data system.
- Participate in recruitment events for groups who visit the USC Upstate campus.
- Provide presentations for groups regarding higher education and/or USC Upstate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree. Good driving record and valid driver’s license. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 57915
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.