Clark University’s Undergraduate Admissions Office seeks to fill the position of Senior Assistant Director, Global Outreach. Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions- Special Populations, the Sr. Assistant Director will have primary responsibility for developing and executing a plan to recruit international undergraduate students; will consider and use a range of recruitment activities including traveling to international schools and fairs, developing communication plans, leveraging social media, and leveraging Clark’s ties to alumni and others around the globe.
In addition, the Senior Assistant Director will engage in a range of on- and off-campus admissions and recruitment activities designed to present the Clark University undergraduate educational experience to prospective students, their parents, counselors, and alumni; perform counselor-of-the-day duties on a regularly scheduled basis; analyze and review applications to the University’s undergraduate program in a manner consistent with institutional policies and priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Point of contact for international applicants and prospective students
• Coordinate and conduct video interview requests for assigned applicants in conjunction with a team of student ambassadors
• Liaise with campus partners on recruitment initiatives specific to international students
• Coordinate application standards, deadlines, and process with off-site recruiters in China and India
• With support from Associate Director, develop an international recruitment strategy that is aligned with overarching institutional goals, budgetary requirements, and is data driven.
Travel and Recruitment:
• Research trends in international recruitment and enrollment at Clark, analyze data as necessary, and propose travel strategies that use resources effectively and are annually assessed for impact
• Plan all logistics associated with both international and domestic recruitment travel as assigned
• Travel to college fairs, high school visits, alumni events and other off campus recruitment activities as needed
• Communicate proactively and effectively with colleagues in admissions and financial aid, ensuring an atmosphere where admissions staff are well informed of each other’s goals and are positioned to support each other in achieving them
• Read, evaluate, rate and make recommendations to the Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Admissions Committee on applicants from assigned geographic territories and others assigned by the Director of Admissions.
• Make judgments on the admissibility of student applicants on the basis of institutional policy and independent analysis of applicant potential for success.
Counselor of the Day Duty:
• Serve as host and resource to all visiting students and families who visit Clark University on the dates of assigned Counselor of the Day duty coverage
• Conduct group information sessions
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, required.
• 2-3 years’ experience with college admissions, student life or other related experience, required.
• Willingness to travel and possess a valid Driver’s License.
• Strong public speaking skills; excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to analyze data to inform decision making and plan strategically
• Strong ability to build and maintain professional relationships with multiple constituencies both on and off campus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computing skills including Excel and other Office products.
• Willingness and desire to learn new skills to enhance team performance.
• Must be adaptable to change, able to manage ambiguous situations, exercise professional judgement, and act decisively
• Time management skills and team-oriented attitude
• Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus
Internal Number: 199GLOBAL
About Clark University
Clark University is a small, private libral arts-based research university in Worcester, MA. Clark offers regular full time staff outstanding benefits including: free life and disability insurance; choice of health plans with University contribution; 3-4 weeks vacation depending on appointment; free evening undergraduate and master’s level courses for employee plus various tuition discounts for family members; 10% University contribution to retirement plan after 2 years of employment in higher education; free use of athletic and fitness center, and many more.