1) The Admissions Counselor manages a domestic or international territory that travels 4-6 weeks per year and is the primary evaluator of applications for admission and serves as members of the admissions committee.Â 2) Delivers information sessions and participates in on-campus events for prospective students 3) Responds to inquiries via phone and e-mail providing a positive experience for all who interact with department. 4) Reviews applications of first year and transfer applications. 5) Each Admissions Counselor will have additional responsibilities in the office. Possibilities include working with current students and alumni volunteers, with low-income, under-represented, and first-generation applicants, with print and web publications and social media, and more.Â 6) Weekend and evening availability is expected for some aspects of the position.Â
1) Excellent verbal and written communication 2) Presentation skills 3) Customer service skills 4) Ability to maintain confidentialityÂ 5) Ability and willingness to travel Â
1) Bachelor's degree or on track to graduate with a Bachelorâ™s degree by June 2019. University of Chicago alumni or selective liberal arts college alumni.
1) A minimum of one year of relevant experience.
Licenses and Certifications
1) Valid United States driverâ™s license.
1) Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06154
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.