Founded in 1828 and located in Augusta, Georgia, Augusta University is dedicated to training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and health care providers. The University offers undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, business, and education as well as a full range of graduate programs and hands-on clinical research opportunities. The combination of its nationally ranked business and nursing schools as well as its designation as the state’s flagship public medical school and only dental school makes Augusta University a destination of choice for the students of today and the leaders of tomorrow. With locations throughout Augusta and at satellite campuses in Athens, Albany, Rome and Savannah, the university’s ten colleges and schools have a statewide impact in Georgia. The School of Computer and Cyber Sciences is the most recent addition to the University, founded in 2017.
In 2012, Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University began the process of consolidation, renaming the consolidated institutions Augusta University. At the annual meeting of the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools on December 6, ...2016, Augusta University’s accreditation was reaffirmed. This accreditation marked the administration completion of the consolidation process.
Augusta University’s strategic plan, Beyond Boundaries, was introduced in 2017. The plan incorporates education, research and scholarship, clinical care, and outreach and economic development in guiding the institution to discover the true potential of this great university and its health system.
The mission of Augusta University is to provide leadership and excellence in teaching, discovery, clinical care, and service as a student-centered comprehensive research university and academic health center with a wide range of programs from learning assistance through postdoctoral studies.
The vision of Augusta University is to be a top-tier university that is a destination of choice for education, health care, discovery, creativity, and innovation.
Augusta University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) toward one-year and advanced certificates and degrees at the associate, bachelor's, master's, specialist's, first professional, and doctoral levels.
Colleges & Schools
- Medical College of Georgia, 1828
- College of Nursing, 1943
- Katherine Reese Pamplin School of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, 1963
- The Graduate School, 1965
- The Dental College of Georgia, 1965
- College of Education, 1968
- College of Allied Health Sciences, 1968
- James M. Hull College of Business, 1971
- College of Science and Mathematics, 2012
- School of Computer and Cyber Sciences, 2017
Points of Pride
- Augusta University is Georgia's only public academic health center.
- Augusta University, home of the Medical College of Georgia, is one of only four public comprehensive research institutions in the state of Georgia.
- Augusta University offers more than 152 academic programs in ten colleges and schools, including the nation's 13th-oldest medical school; the state's sole dental college; the nationally ranked James M. Hull College of Business; the Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science and Mathematics; Allied Health Sciences; Graduate Studies; Computer and Cyber Sciences; and Nursing. Augusta University's Medical College of Georgia includes a partnership campus in Athens, Ga., and satellite campuses in the Georgia cities of Albany, Rome, and Savannah.
- Augusta University’s nearly 10,000 students come from over 70 countries and nearly all of Georgia’s 159 counties.
- Augusta University has over 170 student organizations.
- Augusta University fields teams in NCAA Division I men's and women's golf, and the men's team claimed back-to-back national championships in 2010 and 2011. In 11 other varsity sports, the Jaguars compete in the Division II Peach Belt Conference in basketball, baseball, cross country, softball, volleyball, tennis, and outdoor track and field.