At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The Admissions Counselor supports the strategic and daily operations of Enrollment Services. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for presenting FCC to prospective students, parents, high school personnel, and the community. The Admissions Counselor will assist with developing outreach strategies for assigned high schools and territories, community organizations, and companies. The Counselor will advise prospective applicants on the admissions/onboarding process and academic/career opportunities. This position requires an outgoing, student-centered person who conducts individual appointments with prospective students and coordinates group outreach activities with secondary schools, home school organizations, and community agencies. The Admissions Counselor facilitates large and small group admissions presentations (onsite, offsite, and remotely). This position will assist with assessing and evaluating outcomes of enrollment strategies. This position requires participation in recruitment events on evenings and weekends. This position supports enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives of the College. The Admissions Counselor demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of community college students' diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and racial/ethnic backgrounds. This position may use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Represent the College at community and virtual events, college fairs, and high school visits, and provide onboarding advice to students (on and off campus).
2. Recruit prospective students by building awareness of FCC academic opportunities.
3. Establish relationships with Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS), private school administrators, and home school coordinators.
4. Contact and follow up with inquiries from recruitment events, college fairs, school visits, telephone/email, or prospects who request more information, etc.
5. Provide presentations to groups of varying sizes regarding the enrollment steps, FCC's academic and support offerings, financial aid overview, and other related topics.
6. Coordinate and assist with on-campus group visits, specific Admissions recruitment events, presentations, and tours.
7. Create and maintain prospect records in PeopleSoft/Slate.
8. Participate in developing new and innovative recruiting strategies using marketing tools.
9. Develop and implement strategies to ensure enrollment yield.
10. Oversee the Student Ambassadors program.
11. Run the Admissions Office social media account (Instagram).
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $55,950 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.