Reporting to the University Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the University Admissions Counselor performs significant recruiting and admissions functions necessary to accomplish enrollment goals and meet the admissions needs of academic departments. The incumbent participates in all aspects of recruitment and admissions work including, but not limited to, the representation of the University to diverse audiences, planning and implementing recruitment strategies and activities in all aspects of recruitment for an assigned geographic region, evaluation of the credentials and learning potential of applicants seeking admissions, making judgments as to whether the applicant and university represent a good match, extensive travel locally and nationally, secondary high school visits, student interviews, inquiry/prospect management, and correspondence.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
3. Valid driver's license, accessibility to a car, and ability to travel locally and nationally. Must have an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university's Motor Vehicle policy.
4. Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills.
5. Familiarity with computer systems, especially DATATEL and Word.
6. Evening and weekend hours are required.
7. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf